An Interview with Charlene Gil
What lead you to create your company?
- I have been in the Mortgage industry since 1995 and I have always loved helping people. I decided to start Charlene Gil & Associates so I could grow my team and help more people. There is just something about helping families become homeowners and helping people achieve their financial freedoms that is truly rewarding.
What was your key driving force to become an entrepreneur?
- I think for me, I love to balance my own time and work. When I was pregnant with my daughter, I needed hours that allowed me to be “mom” and “entrepreneur” at the same time. This allowed me to work late at night, early in the morning or to have flexible hours as needed.
What is your favorite aspect of being an entrepreneur?
- My favorite aspect is that they are no limits. The only limit I have is the one I put on myself.
What are three of your company’s goals?
- To create an experience for our clients, to give the best service and to know that the clients happiness is the most important part of our transaction.
What challenges have you encountered?
- Anyone who knows the loan industry, knows that we are faced with challenges daily. We are in an ever-changing market and we are always faced with obstacles. I think that is where all the growth happens. That is where you can test your knowledge, patience, strength, and adaptability.
What thoughts would you give to others who have similar aspirations?
- You can not give up. If it is too easy then the reward will not be as plentiful. The challenges and obstacles that you are faced with prepare you to be better, be better and accept your achievements because you earned them.
What are your responsibilities as the business owner?
- I have lots of responsibilities but my most important one is to deliver. Deliver on time, deliver expectations, deliver service and to deliver the result.
Why will customers stay or do repeat business with you?
- Customers will stay and do repeat business with me because they know I care, they know I am experienced, they know I have the knowledge and they can have trust and faith in me.
How do you market your business, and which tactics have been most successful?
- A lot of my business comes from past clients and agent relationships. Those are developed over time and take great care and nurturing. Proving yourself repeatedly gives you creditability and reliability. It is important for people to know they can count on you.
What is unique about your business?
- I would say my business is not unique in itself, but that it is made unique only in the way that I chose to run my business. My client’s and agents are my business partners and I hold a high level of care for that dedication.
Who inspires you?
- I do not have a specific person that inspires me as I am inspired but a lot of different people for many different reasons, but I love strong work ethic, people who hold themselves accountable and I am inspired by the true professionals that wake up everyday and do the best they can when nobody is watching, looking, or hearing. Those are your true leaders.
If you had one piece of advice to someone just starting out, what would it be?
Do it! Do not hold yourself back. Most people are their own worst enemies and set their own restrictions on themselves. Be fearless and lead! People need you and need your direction and admiration. Be strong and know that it will not be an easy road but once you start seeing yourself and your business blossom you will soon reap its rewards.
Interested in learning more about Charlene and Charlene Gil & Associates? Visit her website at Charlene Gil & Associates or her Facebook page.