What lead you to create your company?
- I didn’t have to create my own company, I jumped on board someone else’s great idea. The thing that attracted me to it the most was being my own boss, I was tired of working in corporate America.
What was your key driving force to become an entrepreneur?
- My answer is quite similar to answer #1, I was tired of working for someone and being underappreciated. Why not have the profits of all my hard work go to me instead of some overseas shareholders.
What is your favorite aspect of being an entrepreneur?
- I love the creativity I’m allowed to use.
What are three of your company’s goals?
- This is the philosophy of the company is God first, family second, business third. It’s a great way to keep your priorities focused.
What challenges have you encountered?
- My biggest challenge currently is finding new customers.
What thoughts would you give to others who have similar aspirations?
- Just jump in and do it, doing is one of the best ways to learn.
What are your responsibilities as the business owner?
- I am responsible for everything, I am a one-woman show. I have to make sure products are in stock or order them in a timely manner and get them to my customers.
Why will customers stay or do repeat business with you?
- I offer great solutions to meet their needs.
How do you market your business, and which tactics have been most successful?
- My most successful marketing has been done through Facebook groups. I make posts to groups that are focused on the community I live in and am able to reach new people that way.
What is unique about your business?
- Even though every Mary Kay Beauty Consultant sells the same products we are all given freedom, within guidelines, to run our own business the way we choose.
Who inspires you?
- Kamala Harris, regardless of whether you like her politics or not, is an inspiration to all young women that you can have any just you want, even ones that have been previously held only by males.
If you had one piece of advice to someone just starting out, what would it be?
- Don’t give up, keep trying.
Interested in learning more about Monica Guidi and her business? Visit her Facebook page.